Gather FCU is now a participant in the Hawaii Network shared branching system through HICUSO, LLC which is a credit union service organization for shared branching services in Hawaii. The credit union also belongs to the CO-OP Network which provides the Shared Branching system to credit unions across the nation.
Shared branching provides our member access to a full range of financial services at outlets that are not our branches and it also enables member of participating shared branching credit unions to conduct transactions as a guest member at Gather FCU.
If you are planning to travel inter-island or nation wide, you can do transactions at any participating credit union. To find a Shared Branching location, members can go to the website and locate an ATM or Branch. A list of Hawaii participating credit unions is located on the HICUSO website.
Shared Branching transactions includes:
- Share account cash withdrawals (limited based on funds availability).
- Deposit cash and coins- coin deposits are subject to our standard coin deposit rules.
- Deposit checks- payable to account owner(s). No third party checks will be accepted.
- Loan Payments
- Transfers- within the same account, to a different account and to a different issuer.
- Purchase of Negotiable Instruments:
- Teller Checks
- Money Orders
- Traveler's checks
- Interim Statement
- Loan Advance
- VISA Cash Advance
- Business Account Transactions
- Non-Owner deposits- Non-owner must provide guest member's account number.
*Fees and limitations that apply to Gather FCU members will also be applied to guest members
Present the following information when visiting a Shared Branching Location:
- Valid Photo ID
- State issued Driver's License
- State Issued Identification
- US Armed Forces Identification (Military ID- no signature on ID required)
- Alien Identification card
- Matricula Consular Card (The "matriculation consular" is an identification card issued by a Mexican consulate. It is designed to be used by illegal immigrants- see Supervisor if this form of ID is presented)
- State of Hawaii Temporary Driver's License (with expired original)
- Minors- the same as listed above with the exception of "deposit only" transactions for which a student ID is acceptable.
- Your account number
- Your credit union name
*Some restrictions may apply based on a location's cash availability. Availability of funds deposited into your account will depend on your credit union's policy. Funds may not be immediately available.