The busiest time of year is the best time to spend wisely
Holiday Shopping with a Personal Loan
The holidays come with a lot of “bests:” The best time of year, the best time with family and friends, and the best deals of the year. It’s also the best time to take advantage of a Personal Loan from Gather FCU. Get rates as low as 4% APR* for a one-year term. Borrow a maximum amount of $30,000 for up to 7 years.
Make the most of your membership and the most of the holiday season with an affordable Personal Loan. Apply at any Gather FCU location or at www.gatherfcu.org. And while we’re talking about holiday shopping, it’s a good time to remember some online shopping tips:
- Make sure the sites you visit are secure. Most web browsers will show a padlock icon next to the address bar when a site is secure. If you don’t see the padlock, be wary of the site’s security.
- When online shopping, always use secure passwords.
- Your passwords should be complex strings of letters, numbers and symbols. Don’t use common words or phrases. Be sure not to reuse passwords and don’t share your passwords with anyone.
- Don’t make purchases on public Wi-Fi. Never input vital personal information while using public Wi-Fi at a coffee shop, airport, etc. These networks are not secure and could expose you to risk and fraud.
- Don’t buy from unfamiliar sites. The holidays are prime time for phony scam sites. They might look legit, but if you don’t know the site, err on the side of safety and find the item somewhere else.
*APR = Annual Percentage Rate. Stated rate is for a 12-month term. Other rates and terms are also available.
Our Commitment… Members Working Together for Our Community
A great part of being a local, member-owned credit union is our focus on doing good together. We are proud to share two events that wouldn’t be possible without you:
It’s the platinum anniversary of the Gather FCU Annual Charity Golf Tournament benefiting Wilcox Hospital’s Emergency Department and Trauma Center via the Kapiolani Children’s Miracle Network. For 20 years, we’ve hosted this fundraiser with the help of our sponsors and golfers. We especially want to thank our matching donor and title sponsor, CO-OP® Financial Services, for its Miracle Match of $10,000.
The September 7th tournament at Puakea Golf Club helped us meet our fundraising goal and we’re excited to announce that $50,000 will be donated in the name of Gather FCU and our members. We’re always about people helping people and this is a big way we’re doing just that.
Gather FCU is a proud sponsor of the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Hawaii.
With the help of our community, the Foundation is making a wish come true for a Kauai resident. Aiden is 10 years old and lives on the Westside with his parents and sister. He has been diagnosed with a rare critical illness and his wish is to spend time away from doctors’ visits and go on a salmon fishing trip in Alaska. We couldn’t pass up the opportunity to help make Aiden’s wish come true.
Members are encouraged to visit any Gather FCU office to make a donation to Make-A-Wish Hawaii. You can also contribute by attending the 8th Annual Breakfast with Santa to benefit Make-A-Wish Hawaii. Together, we can make a big difference in our community and in the life of a very special boy.
Reminder About Inactive Accounts
- Accounts with no activity for one year are labeled “inactive or dormant.” Once this occurs, your account must show activity within the next quarter to avoid a $5 dormant fee.
- Accounts that remain inactive may be closed. In that event, funds are turned over to the state.
- If you received an inactive notice, you can activate your account by making a deposit. It’s also important that we have your correct contact info and that your address is up to date.
If you have questions, call us at 808.245.6791.
- International Credit Union Week October 14–18 - Festivities throughout the week at all Gather FCU offices.
- Food Drive Fundraiser October 21–November 8 - Donate at any Gather FCU office. Proceeds benefit the Kauai Independent Food Bank.