Your privacy is important to us. We conduct regular assessment reviews to ensure personal information we collect, use and share is protected. This Online Privacy Notice (“Notice”) describes how Gather FCU manages personal information about you and when you interact with us online through our websites, mobile applications, and social sites (“Sites and Mobile Apps”).
This Notice Explains
- How we collect personal information when you visit, use, or interact with us online, and through our ads displayed through online services operated by us or non-affiliated third parties
- How we may use or share your personal information collected to deliver products and services to you and for advertising purposes
The term “Gather FCU” or “we”, “us” or “our” in this Notice refers to banking and non-banking affiliates that link to or reference this Notice.
By using Sites and Mobile Apps, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Notice. Gather FCU provides other online interfaces.
Updates to this Notice
This Notice is subject to change. Please review it periodically. If we make changes to this Notice, we will review the Last updated date on this page.
Our Online Privacy Practices
We are committed to transparency about your personal information. We ask for your consent when required, otherwise by using our Site and Mobile Apps, you consent to the collection, use and sharing of your personal information subject to and consistent with applicable laws and other notices you may have received based on your relationship with us.
Protecting Your Personal Information
To protect personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with applicable federal and state laws. These measures may include safeguards and secured files and buildings as well as oversight of our third-party service providers to ensure personal information remains confidential and secure. In the event of a data breach, we will provide timely notification, in accordance with applicable laws.
Making Sure Personal Information Is Accurate
Keeping your personal information accurate and up to date is very important. If your personal information is incomplete, inaccurate, or not current, please use the Contact US option on our Sites and Mobile Apps, or call or write to us for changes listed on your account statements, records, online or other account materials.
Personal Information We Collect Online
- Apply for or open a new account
- Register for a new product or service or request information about a product or service
- Complete a survey, contest or sweepstakes or other promotion
We may use service providers and vendors to process personal information for business purposes on our behalf. Service providers and vendors and contractually obligated to comply with our policies to protect information we share with them or they collect on our behalf.
Types of Personal Information We Collect Online
The type of personal we collect from and about you online will depend on how you interact with us and may include:
- Contact information such as name, mailing address, email address, telephone and mobile number(s)
- Account Application Information such as credit and income information
- Identifiers such as social security numbers, account number(s), drivers license number (or comparable) or other information that identifies you for ordinary business purposes
- Access Authorization such as username, alias, PIN and passcode and security questions and answers
- Information from your computer, smartphone, tablet, or other mobile device such as
- Internet Protocol (IP) addresses
- Browser type, version, language, and display/screen settings
- Information about how you use and interact with our Sites and mobile Apps (for example page visited, links clicked)
- Responses to advertisements on the Sites and Mobile Apps where we advertise
- Search engine referrals
Our Sites and Mobile App periodically collects, transmits, and uses geolocation information to enable features that prevent fraudulent account usage and send alerts, but only if you expressly authorize collection of such information. Geolocation information can be monitored on a continuous basis in the background while our Site or Mobile App is being used or not at all, depending on your selection. You can change your location permissions at any time in your device settings.
We recognize the importance of protecting privacy where children are involved. Or sites and Mobile App are not directed to individuals under the age of 13, and we request that these individuals do not provide personal information through our Sites and Mobile Apps. We do not knowingly collect personal information form children under the age of 13 without parental consent.
How We Use and Share Personal Information
Personal information collected from and about you online described in this Notice may be used for many purposes such as:
- Delivering products and services to your by verifying your identity (for example when you access your account information); processing application for products and services such as to prequalify or a loan or open a financial product; processing transactions, finding nearby ATMs, and other specialized location bases services near your location
- Personalizing your digital and mobile experience by enhancing overall Sites and Mobile Apps organization and design and analyze data to create relevant alerts, products, or services
- Providing advertising on our Sites and Mobile Apps as well as non-affiliated third-party sires and through off-line channels like call centers and direct marketing
- Detecting and preventing fraud, identity theft and other risks to you or Gather FCU
- Performing analytics concerning the use of our online services, including your responses to our emails and the pages and advertisements you view
- Complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations, and our policies
- Allowing you to use features within our Sites and Mobile Apps when you grant us access to personal information from your device such as geo-location when you request certain services that requires such access, for example locating an ATM
We retain personal information for a period as required by laws and regulations and the necessary business purposes. We securely delete personal information as soon as legally permitted.
With Whom Do We Share Your Personal Information
We may share the personal information we collect from and about you online described in this Notice with service providers, vendors, third party providers, and government agencies as required by laws and regulations
Some companies may offer aggregation websites and services that allow you to consolidate your account information from different sources (such as your accounts with us or with other financial institutions) so that you can view it in one location or perform actions related to your accounts using their services (a “Provider”). To do this, a Provider may request you to authorize access to your Gather FCU accounts by providing your Gather FCU username and passcode.
- The Provider may access, on your behalf, information about yourself, your Gather FCU relationship and your accounts at Gather FCU
- You should caution and ensure that the Provider has appropriate policies and practices to protect the privacy and security of any personal information you provide or to which they are gaining access
- Use of your information by the Provider is governed by your agreement with them, not by Gather FCU
- We are not responsible for the use or disclosure of any personal information accessed by any company or person to whom you provide your site username and passcode
- If you share your Gather FCU username, passcode, or other information about your accounts with others, we will consider that you have authorized any transaction or action initiated by using the access information you provide
- If you decide to revoke the authority given to a Provider, we strongly recommend that you change your Gather FCU passcode to ensure that the Provider cannot continue to access your account